Mansfield, MA*/Southboro, MA*
(Location Subject to Change)
Join our Lean-Six Sigma Black Belt “Boot Camp” course with Certification. This is a 10-day training program in the suburbs of Boston, MA, spread over two weeks. Class runs from 8:30AM to 4:30PM.
Participants experience and learn key problem-solving skills (“soft” tools and statistical tools) in Six Sigma, so that they can solve difficult problems back at your facility.
Our experienced instructors combine hands-on exercises, classroom teaching and video to fit different learning styles and to customize the class for the participants. Their experience allows them to share best practices and answer questions over a breadth of industries.
The intervening time between each section allows the Black Belts to work on their project assignments and prepare for their Black Belt Certification.
This 2-week model is ideal for the smaller to mid-sized companies that have difficulty freeing up key personnel for an entire week of training required by most training models.
The course begins with the Green Belt material and then goes deeper into statistical analysis with hands-on use in class of Minitab statistical software (30-day trial).
Completion of a Black Belt project is required for certification. One-on-one project coaching helps to get the project done.
ROI for this training is usually six months or less.
Black Belt Course Outline
- Lean Concepts
- Lean Tools
- Process Mapping (Value Added/Non-Value Added)
- Develop Problem Statement
- Determine Project Scope
- Establish Project Metrics
- Student’s Six Sigma plus Lean Project Plan
- Project Goals & Objectives
- Establish Process Analysis and Documentation Tools
- Review Probability and Statistics Background
- Review Data Collecting and Summary Tools
- Introduction to Minitab Statistical Software
- Introduction of Project Management Concepts
- Develop the Measurement System Analysis Approach
- Establish Process Capability Analysis Tools
- Lean Time Studies – Combination Sheets
(Operator and Machine time studies)
- Review Multi-Vari Study Approach
- Develop Hypotheses Testing Approach and extension
- Understand the application of Confidence Intervals
- Analysis of Variance Methodology
- Minitab Analyze Phase Applications
- Value Stream Mapping
- Six Sigma plus Lean Project Review
- Develop Design of Experiment approach and extensions
- Full Factorial Simulation (Catapult)
- Taguchi’s Method
- Fractional Factorial
- Discuss Response Surface Methodology
- Minitab Improve Phase Applications
- Review of the Design for Six Sigma approach
- Set-up Reduction
- Review Traditional and Advanced SPC Methodology
- Control Charts: Variable & Attribute
- Control Chart Development
- Minitab Control Phase Applications
- Lean Tools for Control
- Analysis of Measurement System Capability
- Review of Six Sigma plus Lean Project
- Lean Metrics
Black Belt Certification Test
Black Belt Project
Six Sigma plus Lean Black Belt Training is $6,250.00 /person.
Make Quantum Leaps in Efficiency and Profitability:
Would you prefer customized training for your company?
Quantum Leap Engineering (QLE) consults and develops customized Six Sigma plus Lean training programs to teach your workforce. Call Sean at 508-954-0185 to discuss what you need.