Intermediate Statistics Course (3 Days)
This course is designed to give a robust understanding of Intermediate Statistical Concepts and Methodology as they relate to Project/Study Preparation, Data Collection, Statistical Data Analysis, Statistical Problem Solving Techniques and Data Presentation/Reporting in the Workplace. Minitab Statistical Software will be used in each course as the basic statistical software package.
The Three Day Session is for those students that either have recently attended a Probability and Statistics class for Engineers or Scientists and/or are currently designing Statistical Studies and/or applying Statistical Methods in the work place and need only a review of the Statistical Concepts that will be covered in this course and developed into practical statistical tools and methodology that will be applied in the work place.
Our 2 Day Basic Probability and Statistics course can be combined with this 3 Day Intermediate Statistics course as a great review class for the ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Exam.
A Five Day Session also exists for those students that either have attended a Probability and Statistics class in the past and have not used statistical methods in their workplace recently and need an in depth review and learning experience relative to intermediate statistical methodology.
Topics to be covered as a review in this course (where necessary)
- Data Collection Techniques
- Data Presentation Techniques
- Charting Methods: Multi-Vari, Pareto, Cause-and-Effect, Run Charts
- Graphical Methods: Time Series Plots, Histograms, Box Plots
- Basic Probability Concepts
- Basic Statistics: Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Minimum, Maximum, Quartiles
Topics to be covered
- Discrete: Uniform, Binomial, Poisson and Continuous: Normal, Exponential, Weibull
- Hypothesis Tests
- Type I and Type II Errors, 1-Sample Z test, 1 and 2-Sample t-test, Paired t-test and 2 Variance Test
- Confidence Intervals for the Mean and Variance
- Statistical Process Control/Control Charts
- Variables Charts: X-bar and Range, X-Bar and Standard Deviation Charts, Individual and Moving Range Charts, Zone Charts*, Pre-Control Charts*
- Attribute Charts: P, NP, C and U charts, Short Run Methods*
- Regression Analysis
- Simple Linear Regression, Correlation Coefficient, Coefficient of Determination
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- ANOVA Table, One-Way ANOVA, Two-Way ANOVA
- Capability Analysis: Capability Indices
- Design of Experiments (DOE)* as an overview
- Screening Designs*, Full Factorial Experiments, Fractional Factorial Experiments
- Response Surface Methodology*, Evolutionary Operations*, Taguchi Designs*
- Gage R&R (Measurement System Analysis): ANOVA Method
* It is not the intent to cover these topics in any depth unless specific arrangements are made.
Call Sean Anzuoni for pricing and scheduling at 508-954-0185 or E-mail email@example.com.